Whew, what a year! In so many ways. Here are a few of the projects that kept Think Again folks busy in 2017:
- Trained faculty in almost a dozen schools, grades PreK-12, on topics like
- implicit bias
- addressing racism in the classroom
- trans inclusion in co-ed schools
- trans inclusion in girls schools
- “Spinning Straw into Gold” – microaggression as teachable moments
- Facilitated a staff retreat day focusing on allyship for an international philanthropy team
- Supported mental health clinicians in outpatient and hospital settings in creating trans-inclusive services
- Davey coauthored the Classism for the new Readings for Diversity and Social Justice (coming out any day now)
- Davey finished and released the new Trans Allyship Workbook!
- Davey and Angela facilitated a Cross-Class Dialogue Circlein Brattleboro, and Angela continues that project with new cofacilitator Kendra Colburn. Meanwhile, Davey’s looking for ways to start a circle in Madison!
- Davey and Angela launched Equity Solutions, along with several other collaborators, to bring training on economic inequality and building cross-class solidarity with health and human service providers across VT
- Our Facebook page took off, growing to over 800 likes with almost daily news, ideas, and discussions to keep us all sharp
- We relocated our main office to Madison, WI! Now we’re even more available in the Midwest, and of course many of our trusted facilitators still live in the Northeast, and we can all travel when needed.
What’s up for 2018 … where do we even start? We’re looking at trainings addressing race and gender microaggressions in human services, trainings on economic inequality and cross-class collaboration, comprehensive trans inclusion planning for graduate programs, comprehensive gender equity planning for an independent high school, and probably more.
What will you accomplish this year, with Think Again’s support? Get in touch now to make it happen!