Think Again Training and Consulting seeks a Marketing and Administrative Assistant to join our small-but-mighty team. The position is available for 10 hours/week beginning immediately, with a possible increase to 20 hours/week by September 2021 or sooner. Specific work schedule is flexible, as long as hours are spread out across the week. Starting pay is $15-$25/hr depending on experience and skills.
This position is primarily remote (work-from-home). Right now Think Again is conducting all work remotely, but this position will continue to be all or mostly remote even when some events return to in-person.
Think Again’s whole purpose is to promote equity and social justice, and we apply that commitment to ourselves as much as to our consulting clients. People of color, queer and trans people, disabled people, and people with unconventional educational histories are especially encouraged to apply.
About us: Think Again Training & Consulting is a very small business with a lot of exciting stuff going on. We provide professional development education and organizational consulting to schools, universities, nonprofits, businesses, and community groups. Our focus is on increasing organizations’ capacity to enact social justice principles in every area of their work, through building their teams’ understanding and skills as well as through policy and structural interventions. Our team consists of one managing consultant, one marketing and administrative assistant, and about 15 other trainers and consultants who work on 1-2 projects at a time on an as-needed basis. This position is supervised by and works closely with the managing consultant. Required skills and qualifications:
- Ability to manage details, self-organize time and tasks, and respond to communications in a timely way
- Clear and professional communication in writing and by phone/Zoom (with auto-generated captions available)
- General internet research and library research (know how to look stuff up really well)
- Willingness to problem-solve and learn on the job
- Commitment to social justice and alignment with Think Again’s purpose and principles
Not required, but helpful:
- Experience in small, scrappy organizations with online infrastructure
- Experience with business apps like Mailchimp, Hootesuite, Excel, Google Drive, Google Docs, SurveyMonkey, Hubspot, Slack
- Basic video and graphics editing
- Academic library research
- Produce monthly(ish) newsletter
- Update social media regularly, including promoting Think Again events and sharing relevant third-party content
- Prepare, format and edit documents including project proposals, event descriptions, and client communication
- Manage meeting logistics including scheduling, note-taking, follow-up emails
- Schedule/coordinate team meetings
- Manage training logistics including registration, attendance, Zoom logistics, reminder and follow-up communication
- Attend training events (online); manage day-of logistics such as hosting Zoom room, assigning breakout rooms, recording, assisting facilitator with slides and documents
Other responsibilities that could be part of this job depending on experience and interest:
- Support development of new business management systems / office infrastructure
- Conduct intake meetings with potential new clients
- Create/edit video content for marketing and training purposes
- Research new curriculum content;
- Develop/update training materials (handouts, slides, resource lists, curricula, etc.) on topics such as implicit bias, microaggressions, disability justice, white fragility, and trans-affirming care
- Develop/implement new marketing strategies
- Participate in external professional development trainings in order to bring new info/skills back to the team
To apply, prepare cover letter and resume and submit at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/6BBMXTX
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.